1. [TIFS] Jing Chen, Chiheng Wang, Ziming Zhao, Kai Chen, Ruiying Du, and Gail-Joon Ahn, "Uncovering the Face of Android Ransomware: Characterization and Real-time Detection", IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), (Accepted)
2. [TIFS] Ming Fan, Jun Liu, Xiapu Luo, Kai Chen, Zhenzhou Tian, Qinghua Zheng, Ting Liu, "Android Malware Familial Classification and Representative Sample Selection via Frequent Subgraph Analysis" , IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), (Accepted)
3. [COSE] Chen Zhong, Tao Lin, Peng Liu, John Yen, and Kai Chen, "A Cyber Security Data Triage Operation Retrieval System", Computers & Security (Accepted)
4. [TMC] Kai Chen, Yingjun Zhang, Peng Liu, "Leveraging Information Asymmetry to Transform Android Apps into Self-Defending Code against Repackaging Attacks", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), (Accepted)
5. [EuroS&P] Ke Xu, Yingjiu Li, Robert H. Deng, Kai Chen, "DeepRefiner: Multi-layer Android Malware Detection System Applying Deep Neural Networks", 3rd IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P), London, UK, April 24-26, 2018 (Accepted)
1. [CCS] Yi Chen, Wei You, Peter Yeonjoon Lee, Kai Chen, XiaoFeng Wang, Wei Zou, "Mass Discovery of Android Traffic Imprints through Instantiated Partial Execution", In Proceedings of the 24th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2017. (Accepted)[PDF]
2. [CCS] Wei You, Peiyuan Zong, Kai Chen, XiaoFeng Wang, Xiaojing Liao, Pan Bian, Bin Liang, "SemFuzz: Semantics-based Automatic PoC Generation", In Proceedings of the 24th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2017. (Accepted)[PDF]
3. [CCS] Tongxin Li, Xueqiang Wang, Mingming Zha, Kai Chen, XiaoFeng Wang, Luyi Xing, Xiaolong Bai, Nan Zhang, Xinhui Han, "Unleashing the Walking Dead: Understanding Cross-App Remote Infections on Mobile WebViews", In Proceedings of the 24th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2017. (Accepted)[PDF]
4. [RAID] Kai Chen, Tongxin Li, Bin Ma, Peng Wang, XiaoFeng Wang, Peiyuan Zong, "Filtering for Malice through the Data Ocean: Large-Scale PHA Install Detection at the Communication Service Provider Level", RAID 2017 (Accepted)
5. [DSN] Yeonjoon Lee, Tongxin Li, Nan Zhang, Soteris Demetriou, Mingming Zha, XiaoFeng Wang, Kai Chen, Xiaoyong Zhou, Xinhui Han and Michael Grace, "Ghost Installer in the Shadow: Security Analysis of App Installation on Android", DSN 2017. (Accepted)
6. [MobiSys] Lannan Luo*, Qiang Zeng*, Chen Cao, Kai Chen, Jian Liu, Limin Liu, Neng Gao, Min Yang, Xinyu Xing, and Peng Liu. ( *Co-first authors), "System Service Call-oriented Symbolic Execution of Android Framework with Applications to Vulnerability Discovery and Exploit Generation," ACM MobiSys 2017. (Accepted)
7. [MobiSys] Xing Liu, Tianyu Chen, Feng Qian, Zhixiu Guo, Felix Xiaozhu Lin, Xiaofeng Wang, and Kai Chen, "Characterizing Smartwatch Usage in The Wild", ACM MobiSys 2017. (Accepted)
1. [S&P] Kai Chen, Xueqiang Wang, Yi Chen, Peng Wang, Yeonjoon Lee, XiaoFeng Wang, Bin Ma, Aohui Wang, Yingjun Zhang, Wei Zou, "Following Devil's Footprints: Cross-Platform Analysis of Potentially Harmful Libraries on Android and iOS". Accepted by the 37th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland), 2016. [PDF][Data]
2. [TRE] Kai Chen, Yingjun Zhang and Peng Liu, "Dynamically Discovering Likely Memory Layout to Perform Accurate Fuzzing", IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 2016, accepted, to appear.
3. [ISSRE] Ming Fan, Jun Liu, Xiapu Luo, Kai Chen, Tianyi Chen, Zhenzhou Tian, Xiaodong Zhang and Ting Liu, Frequent Subgraph based Familial Classification of Android Malware, Proceedings of 27th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE), Ottawa, Canada, Oct., 2016. (Best Research Paper Award)
1. [CCS] Heqing Huang, Sencun Zhu, Kai Chen, and Peng Liu, "From System Service Freezing to System Server Shutdown in Android: All You Need Is a Loop in an Application." To appear in the 22nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Denver, Colorado, USA. October 12-16, 2015.
2. [CCS] Yousra Aafer, Nan Zhang, Zhongwen Zhang, Xiao Zhang, Kai Chen, XiaoFeng Wang, Xiaoyong Zhou, Wenliang Du, and Michael Grace. Hare Hunting in the Wild Android: A Study on the Threat of Hanging Attribute References. To appear in the 22nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Denver, Colorado, USA. October 12-16, 2015.
3. [CCS] Luyi Xing, Xiaolong Bai, Tongxin Li, XiaoFeng Wang, Kai Chen, Shi-min Hu, Xinhui Han. "Cracking App Isolation on Apple: Unauthorized Cross-App Resource Access on MAC OS X and iOS". To appear in the 22nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Denver, Colorado, USA. October 12-16, 2015.
4. [CCS] Yangyi Chen, Tongxin Li, XiaoFeng Wang, Kai Chen, Xinhui Han, "Perplexed Messengers from the Cloud: Automated Security Analysis of Push-Messaging Integrations", To appear in the 22nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Denver, Colorado, USA. October 12-16, 2015.
5. [USENIX Security] Kai Chen, Peng Wang, Yeonjoon Lee, Xiaofeng Wang, Nan Zhang, Heqing Huang, Wei Zou, Peng Liu, "Finding Unknown Malice in 10 Seconds: Mass Vetting for New Threats at the Google-Play Scale," USENIX Security 2015. [PDF]
6. [SESA] Kai Chen and Jun Shao. "Preface to special issue on miscellaneous emerging security problems", EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety, EAI, 2015, 15.
7. [ASIACCS] Heqing Huang, Kai Chen, Chuangang Ren, Peng Liu, Sencun Zhu and Dinghao Wu, "Towards Discovering and Understanding the Unexpected Hazards in Tailoring Antivirus Software for Android," ACM ASIACCS 2015, full paper.
2. [ASE] Chuangang Ren, Kai Chen *(co-first author), Peng Liu, "Droidmarking: Resilient Software Watermarking for Impeding Android Application Repackaging," ASE 2014, Sept. 15-19, Sweden, 2014.
3. [SERE] ZHANG Yingjun, CHEN Kai, "AppMark: A Picture-based Watermark for Android Apps", SERE 2014.
4. [JOE] CHEN Kai, ZHANG Yingjun, "Statically-Directed Dynamic Taint Analysis", Journal of Electronics, 2014.
5. [SIM] Mingyi Zhao, Jens Grossklags and Kai Chen, "An Exploratory Study of White Hat Behaviors in a Web Vulnerability Disclosure Program", ACM CCS Workshop on Security Information Workers, 2014.
6. [SLSS] Yingjun Zhang, Kezhen Huang, Yuling Liu, Kai Chen, Liang Huang, Yifeng Lian, "Timing-based Clone Detection on Android Markets" , SLSS 2014.
7. [SLSS] Heqing Huang, Kai Chen, Peng Liu, Sencun Zhu and Dinghao Wu, "Uncovering the Dilemmas on Antivirus Software Design in Modern Mobile Platforms", SLSS 2014.
1. [SERE] CHEN Kai, ZHANG Yingjun, LIAN Yifeng, "Vulnerability-based Backdoors: Threats From Two-steps Trojans", SERE 2013.
2. [ISPEC] LIU Yuling, FENG Dengguo, LIAN Yifeng, CHEN Kai and ZHANG Yingjun, Optimal Defense Strategies for DDoS defender using Bayesian Game Model, ISPEC 2013.
3. [ISPEC] ZHANG Yingjun, CHEN Kai, LIAN Yifeng, "VulLocator: Automatically Locating Vulnerable Code in Binary Programs", ISPEC 2013.
1. [CJC] CHEN Kai, SU Purui, FENG Dengguo, "Dynamic overflow vulnerability detection method based on finite CSP", Chinese journal of computers (in Chinese) ,2012.
2. [SCICHINA] CHEN Kai, FENG Dengguo, SU Purui, ZHANG Yingjun, "Black-box testing based on colorful taint analysis". Sci China Inf Sci, 2012, 55: 171-183, doi: 10.1007/s11432-011-4291-y.
1. [ICISC] CHEN Kai, LIAN Yifeng, Zhang Yingjun, "AutoDunt: Dynamic Latency Dependence Analysis for Accurate Detection of Zero Day Vulnerabilities", ICISC 2011, Springer.
2. [WISA] ZHANG Yingjun, ZHANG Yang, CHEN Kai, "A Map-layer-based Access Control Model", WISA 2011, Springer, LNCS.
1. [JOS] CHEN Kai, FENG Dengguo , SU Purui, NIE Chujiang, ZHANG Xiaofei, "Multi-Cycle Vulnerability Discovery Model for Prediction", Journal of Software (in Chinese), 2010, 21(9), 2367-2375.
2. [CJC] CHEN Kai, SU Purui, FENG Dengguo, " Exploring multiple execution paths based on dynamic lazy analysis ", Chinese journal of computers (in Chinese), 2010, 33(3), 493-503.
3. [ICICS] CHEN Kai, LIAN Yifeng, Zhang Yingjun, "Automatically Generating Patch in Binary Programs Using Attribute-based Taint Analysis", M. Soriano, S. Qing, and J. Lpez (Eds.): ICICS 2010, LNCS 6476, pp. 367--382. Springer, Heidelberg (2010).
1. [SEPCOM] CHEN Kai, SU Purui, ZHANG Yingjun, FENG Dengguo, "SEPCOM: Customizable Zero Copy Model," Proceedings of the Valuetools, 2007.
1. CN. Patent 201510262774, An approach for Android application clone detection based on program dependence graph, Kai Chen, Bin Ma, September 23, 2015.
2. CN. Patent 2015104302255, An approach for dynamic memory layout inference, Kai Chen, Bin Ma, Yingjun Zhang, July 21, 2015.
3. CN. Patent 201510046705, Security check of user login interface in Android application, Bin Ma, Kai Chen, Yingjun Zhang, June 3, 2015.
4. CN. Patent 2014100897182, A approach for automatically generating watermarks of mobile applications, Kai Chen, Xianfeng Zhao, Yingjun Zhang, May 28, 2014.
5. CN. Patent 2014100558412, A approach for analyzing programs using optimized tree structure, Kai Chen, Xianfeng Zhao, Yingjun Zhang, May 14, 2014.
6. CN. Patent 201310104953.8, Locating vulnerabilities of binary executables, Kai Chen, Yingjun Zhang, Xianfeng Zhao, July 10, 2013.
7. CN. Patent 201110306771.X, An approach for constructing virtualized networks, Yi Qin, Dengguo Feng, Jiabin Wang, Kai Chen, Yifeng Lian, April 17, 2013.
8. CN. Patent 2011103593471, An approach for identificating the key attack paths in a system, Dengguo Feng, Di Wu, Yifeng Lian, Kai Chen, May 9, 2012.
9. CN. Patent 201210080975.0, An approach for identificating security threats and related attack paths, Di Wu, Dengguo Feng, Kai Chen, Jun Wei, Yifeng Lian, March 23, 2012.
10. CN. Patent ZL 200910081510.5, An approach for detecting vulnerabilities during attacks, Kai Chen, Duanfeng Si, Purui Su, August 17, 2011.
11. CN. Patent 200810239607.X, An approach for predicting of software vulnerabilities, Kai Chen, Dengguo Feng, Purui Su, May 20, 2009.
12. CN. Patent ZL 200610011477.5, An approach for driver-level package filtering on ethernet, Kai Chen, Dengguo Feng, Purui Su, November 19,2008.